25 Days

Twenty-five days until Christmas, on Tuesday it will be twenty-five days until the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus, of Yeshua. Twenty-five days during which my family and I are going to read the twenty-five names of Jesus, one name each day. One name, along with an accompanying portion of scripture, every day until Christmas. There is an indescribable longing for our home to be saturated with the very presence of Yeshua, Emmanuel, God With Us, Jesus. This longing has been holding my heart captive and won't let go. I pray it never does let go. I pray that the desire to know Him more doesn't fade after the tree and lights are put away but that it grows greater each and every day for the rest of my time on earth.

There are words, words from a song...

 "Oh, I want to know You more. 
Deep within my heart I want to know You. 
Oh, I want to know You. 
To feel Your heart and know Your mind. 
Looking in Your eyes stirs up within me 
cries that say I want to know You. 
Lord I want to know You more."

...these words, how perfectly they express my heart. What about you, dear one? What words are coming from within your heart? Are you, like me, longing, hungering to know this babe in the manger grown to become Savior more? Whether the Holy Days of celebrating Christ's birth find you frantically rushing here and there or quietly contemplating a simpler sort of Holy elegance, please accept this invitation to slip in and join us for twenty-five days and twenty-five names beginning December 1. Even though you won't actually be able to see the candlelight flickering or feel the fire's warmth from the woodstove, the permeating warmth of God's love will meet you wherever you join us from. We are here, and you are welcome here at Abundance House.

Until we gather together on Tuesday, I bless you in the name of Yeshua (Jesus):

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." 
Numbers 6:24-26


Popular Posts