What Does God Say?

Hi! It's Wednesday! What Does Say Wednesday is here! We are in the book of Colossians chapter 3. Today we will be looking at verses 4 and 5:

"When Christ, Who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in [the splendor of His] glory. 

So kill (deaden, deprive of power) the evil desire lurking in your members [those animal impulses and all that is earthly in you that is employed in sin]: sexual vice, impurity, sensual appetites, unholy desires, and all greed and covetousness, for that is idolatry (the deifying of self and other created things instead of God)."

More to meditate on and ponder. Some thoughts that came to me as I was reading through this portion of scripture were: 
  1. Who is my life? My life is a who not a what. Life is a being not an object, and it is Christ.
  2.  I will appear with Him in the splendor of His glory, not my own personal glory, His. 
  3. "So kill" evil desires lurking and all that is earthly in me - this is a command. It isn't a suggestion or option. 
  4. idolatry = the deifying of self and other created things instead of God. Have I done this? Have I deified myself or other created things in any way? I pray not.
These verses lend themselves to a thorough soul searching. Two-way journaling with God would be perfect for meditating on this portion of God's word.

Opening my journal and listening to the Holy Spirit of God,
Abundantly Blessed

Popular Posts