Extravagant Love


¹If I were to speak with eloquence in earth’s many languages, and in the heavenly tongues of angels, yet I didn’t express myself with love, my words would be reduced to the hollow sound of nothing more than a clanging cymbal.  1 Corinthians 13:1 The Passion Translation


Good Morning! I don't want my words to be the hollow sound of a clanging cymbal. Therefore, according to the word of God, they must be expressed with love. Valentine's Day was earlier this week. At Abundance House Valentine's Day is one of the most favorite of all holidays. It is an entire day devoted to the celebration of Love. For me personally it is the perfect opportunity to celebrate God, Who is Love, in all of His fullness. God is extravagant in His love to us, and Valentine's Day allows me to be extravagant in my love to others. Yet what if I made every day an opportunity to be extravagant in showering the love of God on others? What if I didn't use Valentine's Day as an "excuse" to do what I want to do all the time? What if I actually loved large every single day? Would it make a difference in the world around? in my community? in my family? in my home? in my own heart? 

Maybe this new year is the perfect time to find out what one person expressing themself in love looks like. I am sure slip-ups, mistakes, even total goofs will occur. Yet wouldn't it be interesting to look back one year from now and see whether or not one person intentionally walking about and expressing themself in Love made a difference? Being intentional in doing so is the key. Loving as God loves requires intentional deliberate decisions - and practice. Lots and lots of practice. Instead of the former name this blog had of Living Large on Less, we could title it A Year of Loving Large from out of God's Abundant Extravagance. What if a year of loving large became a way of life? What kind of difference would such a thing as that make? These are the questions I am asking myself during these early days of the new year. What about you? What questions are you asking yourself this year? More importantly still, what answers are you hearing your heart speak? 

Here's to loving large,
Abundantly Blessed

Popular Posts