The Bible is Encouraging

The following words were especially encouraging to me this morning. Perhaps they will be for you as well. God's Word is alive and active. May the power of The Word wash over you, strengthen, soothe, and fill you with an increased knowledge of Who He is as you read them.

"This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6

Zerubbabel was responsible for rebuilding the temple without trusting in man for resources. As I read this earlier I was struck with the similarity between Zerubbabel's situation and mine as a mother. I am responsible for building foundations of Truth in the temples of God a.k.a. my children. Just as Zerubbabel relied on God for the resources needed so too I can rely on Him for what is needed in building in the lives of my family.

"If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, a land which flows with milk and honey." Numbers 14:8

The Lord will bring and give. Not me. Not my knowledge. Not my strength. The Lord will do what needs to be done. A timely reminder on this Monday morning.

"For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them." Psalm 44:3

Another reminder that it is not me. It is God. He will not only save but He will keep.

"We look away from the natural realm and we fasten our gaze onto Jesus who birthed faith within us and who leads us forward into faith's perfection. His example is this: Because his heart was filled with the joy of knowing that you would be his, he endured the agony of the cross and conquered its humiliation, and now sits exalted at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 The Passion Translation

He endured for me. The ultimate love story I never tire of hearing. Nothing wrong with Hallmark love stories on TV, but those stories can't hold a candle to truth. There never has been and never will be a greater, more romantic lover than God. For love He gave.

"I pray with great faith for you, because I'm fully convinced that the One who began this glorious expression of grace in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you through your union with him and will complete it at the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ!" Philippians 1:6 The Passion Translation

God won't leave me. He won't quit. He will finish what He has begun in me. Hallelujah! I will be completed in Him! And did you see? Did you see that not only will He faithfully continue the process of maturing me, but that the maturing process is referred to as a "glorious expression of grace"? Becoming mature is not only intended to be a process, that process is an expression of grace. I don't have some weird defect nor am I lacking something necessary because it is taking time for me to mature. Maturing in Christ is meant to be a process rather than a one time event. And that phrase, an "expression of grace"... Doesn't that phrase bathe your mind in beauty?

As you travel through the day, may these words of truth from Truth cause you to be infused with the strength of the Lord throughout your entire being.

From one expression of grace to another,
Abundantly Blessed





Popular Posts