Children

My children can't see my heart or read my mind. They can only go by what they see and hear. Even that is influenced by their personal interpretation of what they see and hear. Everything and everyone is vulnerable to being misunderstood and inaccurately perceived.

I wish it were an easy thing this parenting, but it's not. There are no guarantees, no matter how much I love them. If they think they hear and/or see something different than love coming from me, that is the perspective they will process everything from.

None of this is easy, but my children are worth it. They are more than worth the effort, the tears, and the pain of being misunderstood. When they share their opinions about me that are so inaccurate it feels like a physical wound, they are worth it then too. I love them always.

It isn't about convenience or pleasure. This is real life. It's the real deal rubber meets the road loving here. My children are real people living real life. They are learning as they go just as I am. I pray we forgive each other's mistakes. May we each remember how human we are even as we rest in the perfection of Christ.

Imperfect as we all are, we're in this together. Together we will all find our way home to where Love is. Because, no matter how differently we see things, we're joined at the heart, and our hearts all beat for Jesus. He is the One who knows love.

Above all, may we learn to love like Him.

Popular Posts