Which System Am I Living In?

According to this post, it was a repost celebrating a Two-Year blog Anniversary Ten Years Ago. Now, I am unsure as to the exact age of the blog. Hmmm. While I attempt to determine the exact age of the blog, we'll continue celebrating God's faithfulness!




Posts from the Past
The following is being reposted in celebration of A Mother's Rewards Two-Year Anniversary this month.


A question was brought to my mind this weekend, which system am I living in? Am I living according to the world's corruptible system or am I living as a Child of God? Also, why is it such a stretch to live as a Child of the Most High God and so easy to become ensnared by the philosophies and principals of the world? I am still contemplating on these things.

The longer I think on this, the more areas of my life I see that need to come into alignment with God's ways. Way too many of my thoughts and opinions are based on worldly traditions of men rather than the Word of God. The world says that shortage and lack are inevitable. God says that even in famine, the righteous are satisfied. (Psalm 37:18-19) The world says that there's no known cure for the swine flu. God says that my healing has already happened by the wounds of Jesus. (1 Peter 2:24) I could go on and on with one thing after another. The world says one thing, but God says something entirely different. Who will I believe? Will I choose to believe all the voices around me or the Word of God? How would my life change if I were to order all of my thoughts, opinions, and actions according to what God says rather than the world?

That is the challenge I have given myself today. From this day forward, I am going to actively focus on altering any thought or opinion that is contrary to what God has said in His Word, no matter how small a matter may seem. After examining myself, there is no doubt that this may take some time. However, if I am to become the woman God has designed me to be, then it is I who must change to God's ways rather than He changing His to match mine. He isn't supposed to alter His plan to match mine. (Proverbs 19:21)

I thank You Heavenly Father for Your Word. Thank You for giving it to me so that I may learn of You and Your ways. Once more I dedicate my entire life and heart to You. May the thoughts of my mind and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight O Lord. (Psalm)

Popular Posts