Resting & Shining in the LORD

 

This is what the Sovereign Lord,
    the Holy One of Israel, says:
“Only in returning to me
    and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.
    But you would have none of it.
Isaiah 30:15 

5 

Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
    You guard all that is mine.
6 
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
    What a wonderful inheritance!

7 

I will bless the Lord who guides me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
8 
I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

9 

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.[b]
    My body rests in safety.

Psalm 16:5-9

“Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see.
    For the glory of the Lord rises to shine on you.
2 Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth,
    but the glory of the Lord rises and appears over you.
Isaiah 60:1,2

Popular Posts