Holiday Ideas!!!

Hello There! I have two ideas to pass on today. Both of them come from my Mother-in-Love, Kay a.k.a. Grammie. They are really cute so enjoy!

A piece of PVC pipe can be pounded in the ground and used to make a totem pole from assorted sizes of pumpkins (cut holes in top and bottom so they can be stacked and then the totem pole can be decorated with craft paint. I just read this and thought it was a cute idea.

Various oak leaves with their lobed edges are perfect angel wings and bodies. Try acorns on for size to use as angel heads. Decorate the leaf body with berries for added for color. Just a Christmas idea for Blessed Mama. Blessings, Kay

The pumpkin pole reminds me of a similar idea I read a few years ago. Prepare pumpkins just as you would to carve a traditional Jack-0-lantern except cut a hole in the bottem of the pumpkin as well as the top. The holes should be only large enough for a wooden dowel to be inserted through all three. Using drill bits of various sizes, drill random holes all around three pumpkins of graduated size. (They should resemble the shape of a snowman) Insert white Christmas lights inside each of the pumpkins and place the tower in a decorative urn or pot of choice. If you use larger pumpkins, you will probably want to assemble in the pot. Otherwise, it will be too heavy to lift. They are an Autumn topiary alternative for the porch.

Obviously I didn't get back to blog Monday. Curious as to why I didn't? I'll tell you. To begin with, I need to explain that with the addition of two more students at Promiseland Home School this year, computer time is at an all time premium around here. A computer schedule had to be created so that everyone could get their studies done. That being said, Mama has a brief time in the morning and another brief moment in the afternoon. I was hurrying through the late afternoon duties, getting supper cooking so that I could blog while it cooked. Everything was going smoothly. I was elated. Then all of a sudden as I was kneading the pizza dough, it comes to my attention that my three year old has locked herself in the bathroom. This would not have been a big deal normally. However, earlier this very week the doorknob on said bathroom went kaput and a temporary knob had been installed. The temporary knob did have a lock, but you guessed it...no key. OK, now we have a problem. My little one was amazing. She didn't freak out at all. She did begin to get a little panicky, but immediately became quite thrilled with talking to her mother under the door and touching my fingers. Her little brother however was quite upset about his sister being on the other side of the door. Then as if working for 30-45 minutes at getting that sweetie out weren't adventure enough, one of our kittens decided to crawl up the dryer vent and get stuck at the same time! Why does it seem to happen that way? Thankfully getting the kitten out was as easy as pulling out the dryer, taking the hose off, and pulling it out. Anyway, by the time everyone was out and the bedlam had calmed down, I had to hurry and scurry to get the once early supper finished and in the oven. Mama's computer time was long since past, and the blog went undone. I did get several great kid stories to add to my memories though.

Even though the blog went undone that day, God still moved in my heart. If you recall, the scripture that I mentioned reading in the early post on Monday was 1 Corinthians 13, the love chapter. As I was reading a book, Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand, I was reminded again and again how absolutely essential love is to our Christian walk. It is everything. Without it, we are nothing. So, even with temporary chaos, my day was ordered aright by God, and I am so thankful that it was.

Popular Posts