Refuge of Comfort & Ministry

While reading an article recently, a phrase seemed to leap off of the page. The phrase spoke of "being a refuge of comfort and ministry" to my family. As soon as I read those words, an immediate halt was called for my thoughts. "Whoa! Back up, a refuge of comfort and ministry to my family." I need to get my head and heart all the way around this one. Is this what I am? Is this a path that my thoughts even consider? Have I gotten over myself enough to not only think of following this path, but actively plan my day and life accordingly? Or have I become so busy "doing" godly things that I have forgotten to "be" like Christ in my home, to my family?

Oh Father, thank You for Jesus. Thank You for providing everything I need to be like Him. May I become the woman of God You created me to be. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for continuing to teach and remind me of the Father's ways. May I be willing and obedient to follow Your leading. I'm ever so grateful for Your continued instruction and leading. In Christ's name, Amen

2 Corinthians 1:4 AMP - "Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God."

Popular Posts