You Know You've Repurposed Too Much When...

It's no secret that we repurpose as much as possible at our house. A comment made by Giggle (three-year-old) this afternoon revealed exactly how much of a lifestyle Living Large on Less has become. I was dividing and repotting a plant that had become ridiculously rootbound into "new homes" and Giggle was "helping". As I filled in around the plants with potting soil, Giggle was looking over the now empty basket the plant had originally been setting in. Please understand that this was just a standard, run of the mill basket that plants from flower shops come in. It was quite small at that. As Giggle checked the basket out and carefully looked it over she asked, "Are you going to put my toys in that basket?" I answered that I wasn't going to use the former plant basket for her toys. "Are you going to store other things in it then?" Upon receiving a response to the negative, Giggle was more than a little puzzled at why I wasn't going to use this "basket" for organizing. Furthermore, she didn't seem to believe that I truly wasn't using it for something. You know, now that I think about it, that basket might not look so bad spray painted black. It might even look rather nice; we'd just have to spiffy it up a smidge. Spray paint can transform the most hideous of items. Hmmmm, wonder why Giggle didn't believe me? Have a great weekend! Blessed Mama

Popular Posts