Quotes for Thought, I've Been Reading

Thanks to a respiratory yuck of some sort going through our family for the past three weeks, or so, my voice was missing for approx. two of the three weeks. As a result, I've been reading more and talking less. As I read through a short book by Francis Frangipane titled The Three Battlegrounds, several quotes seemed to catch at me and not let go. I felt impressed to share what is on my heart with you. There were many other passages that could have been shared, but these are the ones that grabbed at my heart most forcibly. The underlining in the second quote is from me. This statement is so powerful. As you read, may the Spirit of God move within your heart drawing you closer still to Himself as together we desire the very nature of Jesus to completely possess and permeate our hearts.

"Victory begins with the name of Jesus on our lips. It is consummated by the nature of Jesus in our hearts."

"Is your love growing and becoming softer, brighter, more daring and more visible? Or is it becoming more discriminating, more calculating, less vulnerable and less available? This is a very important issue, for your Christianity is only as real as your love is. A measurable decrease in your ability to love is evidence that a stronghold of cold love is developing within you."

"There is a tension underlying false discernment, an anxiety that pressures the mind to make a judgment. True discernment emerges out of a tranquil and pure heart, on that is almost surprised by the wisdom and grace in the voice of God."

Popular Posts