What Mama Wants

It looks like Santa's workshop on the kitchen counter again. Colored paper, baker's twine, glue, pens, and scissors have found a temporary home in a kitchen drawer so they are easy to grab and use. I would leave them out on the counter but somehow they don't look as cute as usual next to all of our mugs. Our mugs are hanging out on the counter because the pegs that hold up their shelf broke, and well, at least they survived the fall.


Anyway, as I was pondering how to fix the mug shelf without any spare pegs hanging around the tool drawer it came to me that the mugs don't look awful on the counter. They merely look awful to me. There is sufficient counter space for them to wait there a few days longer. I just don't want them on the counter any more. That is the only problem: mama isn't getting what she wants. Ugh. I hate it when I'm selfish.


Thankfully, the mug thing isn't a major mess, and I quickly adjust my attitude. The rest of my day goes along fine; nothing negatively affected. I can't help but wonder though how many other insignificant things I don't like could be eliminated by a small adjustment to my attitude. Are there any situations that are negatively affected simply because mama doesn't like what is going on?  Maybe this Christmas, mama needs to put the gift of less of what she wants and likes under the tree so that more of God and His love can shine out.


Pondering more on the Giver and the Greatest Gift and less on me,
Abundantly Blessed







Popular Posts