Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

When you look in the mirror what do you see? I don't like mirrors as much as I once did. They tell a tale of too much. Too much woman, too many sags, too many bags, and too much of a whole lotta "Who is THAT?" only to realize the who I'm wondering about is me. THEN I read some words in an email not very different from this post that showed me something else to look for, less of me, more of Jesus. Here is what I will be seeing when facing the mirror from now on. I'll keep these words running through my mind and heart as the reminder I know I'll need.

I am God’s child. (John 1:12)
I have been redeemed and forgiven. (Colossians 1:14)
I am a saint. (Ephesians 1:1)
I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35-39)
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalms 139:14)
I am God’s workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
Who do we see in the mirror? The person God says we are or the one we think we are?   

Popular Posts