I'm SO Glad I Learned

 Over and over again during this season of the new I have found myself filled with grateful awe for the detailed preparation God lavished on me throughout my childhood. Lessons learned while growing up provide a firm foundation under me as well as a strong wall of protection about me. As I watch others struggle and strive I am at peace and secure on the loving Rock of Ages. There have been intense hours of sorrow, but the oil of joy prophesied in the book of Isaiah heals and soothes painful wounds. Even this prophesied promise from the book of Isaiah is part of the preparation. For had I not been trained to go to the Word of God for every answer, I wouldn't have known the promise of beauty for ashes and the oil of joy for sorrow had been given. Neither would I have been able to cling to the strength of God's words speaking to me "Fear not for I have redeemed thee; I have called thee by my name; thou art mine."

Had I not been taught the words of truth as a child, I might have given up hope and been crushed by the weight of adult sorrow. However, had I not witnessed adults living Jesus in their own lives, the lessons of my childhood wouldn't serve me nearly so well. The preparation I received is only strong and secure because the adults I knew lived out what they were teaching me. I got to see people put what they preached and taught into action. Maybe a lot of children who are taught truth don't remember the lessons of their childhood and youth. Maybe many forget; maybe they don't pay attention when taught. But not ALL forget or ignore truth. Some listen. Some believe. Some remember. By God's grace I am one of the some. Parents, grandparents, teachers, leaders, pastors, not every child and youth in your home, class, and/or church forgets or ignores. Some listen. Some learn. Some grow up and walk out what you are teaching. Not only do they remain in the truth, they lead their own children in the way they were led. It's a season of sowing and reaping. Seed-time and harvest. On and on the Love of God flows from generation to generation.

As one of the some, I implore you PLEASE don't give up just because the harvest isn't visible. Some of the seeds you planted have been carried by the river of God and are growing in places you can't see. Just because the harvest doesn't look like you expected and/or want it to doesn't mean there isn't one.When it is hard and seems as if no one hears, please remember what is true. Please remember and live what you are teaching.

Not every child turns into a rebellious youth. Not every youth leaves church when grown. Some stay. Some live truth. Some here. Some there. Some are everywhere. You don't have to slave on through the night alone. Some are coming along behind you walking in the good old Way. Some pay attention to the lessons you are living. Some love the old, old story every bit as much as you do. Some want to know what living Jesus every day looks like during every season. Please don't quit! Please don't believe the lie you aren't doing any good or making a difference. You are. God is faithful! He is who you have told us He is, and He is doing exactly what you have told us He will do! Please don't stop loving and living for Jesus! He is Lord! He is NOT defeated! He has not died! He is risen just as He said! Please live risen in Him! Some need you to live Jesus every day in every way even more now than when we were small. Please keep on keeping on! 

No matter how difficult it seems or how barren and unproductive it appears, please press on towards the high calling in Christ Jesus! Please continue fighting the good fight of faith. Please show some what a faithful adult servant of Jesus Christ looks and sounds like. Some listened when you taught how to be a friend on the school playground and in our neighborhoods. Now some need to know how to be a friend and neighbor as adults at work and in the community. Some listened when you taught how to bring dimes and nickels to bless missionaries far away. Now some need to know how to sow finances into the kingdom as adults. Some listened when taught to pray to Jesus about every thing in childhood lives, but what does that look like for adulthood? How do adults be kind towards their neighbors? Who are adult neighbors? How does a person do what Jesus would do as
an adult? Some know how to be children who love Jesus. How do adults love Him? Children are soon grown. Loving and living Jesus is a process that never ends. Some will always be ready for learning more. Please keep on growing stronger and going deeper in Christ. Some need to be led. There may not be all, but there will always be some. Please don't miss some because all didn't listen, because all didn't stay.


Popular Posts