Every Day in Every Way

For over a year now there has been a feeling that it is time to start living the Christian faith at all times, especially in the ordinary moments of living. The intensity of this feeling has greatly increased during the past several months. Even though it has been a quiet prompting in my spirit, the intensity, or is it an urgency, to obey the commands of God has gotten very strong and very detailed. "Every day in every way" has become a theme song that is almost constantly playing in my heart and mind. Over and over I hear myself uttering those words in prayer and also declaration. Whether I am interacting with my nearest and dearest or complete strangers the reminder to choose the way of Jesus remains.

Somehow it is very clear to me that the season has changed, and now is the time to live Jesus completely. I've already shared about this on the blog so I won't go on and on. It's just that the urgency to live what I say I believe is getting so much stronger that I couldn't go about my day and say nothing. Especially when it is in the daily going about my day that this urgency presses upon my heart most. Somehow, in my heart of hearts, I know that there is a very real need for believers to get their spiritual houses in order. It is as if we may be entering into a time where partial or incomplete devotion to Christ will no longer be enough. Getting irritable, grumpy, out of sorts, isn't a mark of a believer; it is a sign of sin in my heart. Wanting to do whatever I want isn't Jesus in me; it's me wanting to be God of the universe of my own making.

Together we can love the world as God loves, by living Jesus every day in every way. Together, we will present a complete picture of love to those who haven't met Him yet. Truly, we will be better together.

Popular Posts