Fear Not

A Ten Year Blog Anniversary 2009 - 2019


John 17:23 - "...and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me."

Jesus was praying to God the Father in this verse. Let's look more closely at what He said. Do you see it? It says that God the Father loves us as He loved Jesus. Ok, we're going to think on that a bit and allow it to soak in. God loves me as He loved Jesus. Is it penetrating yet? God loves those who have received Jesus as Savior as He loved Jesus! If you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, God loves you as He loved Jesus! That means He loves us exactly the same as He loves Jesus! Now that's something to get excited about. As marvelous as this truth is, we're going to take it even further. Are you ready for this?

Philippians 4:19 - "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

ALL your need. Catch that? Not some, not a part, but all. How? According to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. By Jesus.
We're going to travel to Luke chapter 12 verse 30 now. This scripture says "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things." The verses prior to this one are talking about our need of clothes and food and how we shouldn't seek them because as verse 30 says, our Father knows that we have need of these things. I love it that God's Word doesn't leave us hanging. We are always told "how" to obey. Verse 31 does this by instructing us to seek the Kingdom of God. When we seek God's Kingdom, all of the other things, food and clothes, will be provided. Not only does our Heavenly Father teach and instruct us in His Word, He also comforts us. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32 How precious and complete is God's care of us. He knows our frame, that we are but dust. (Psalm 103:14) He knows that we will need encouraging and reminding of His love and care as we walk through this world.

Everywhere we look we see hard times. People everywhere are in a state of lack. A lack of food, clothing, money, abounds in this world. Yet God has said in His Word that He knows we have need of these things and that we are not to fear. He will supply all our need. Based on God's Word, when I think about needing food, I can be at rest because My Father knows I have need of that. Do my children need clothing? He knows about that need as well. Not only does He know about my needs, He will supply them. All of them. In my time? According to my wishes? Perhaps not, but He will supply them as is best for me because He loves me as much as He loves Jesus. How's that for Blessed Assurance?

During this season of worldly unrest and distress don't allow yourself to be deceived. The world's system may be falling apart, but God's Kingdom is eternal. Not only is God's Kingdom eternal, but it is going strong. As a citizen of the Kingdom of God, this world is not my source. God is. If He has said that He knows my needs and will supply them, then what have I to fear? Not a thing, not a thing. For my Father has said to "Fear not". He has also assured me in Psalm 91:8 that I will be inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High when the wicked receive their reward. I will only be a spectator. (Psalm 91:8) These promises and provision aren't for me alone, but for every one who confesses Jesus as Lord. Stand on God's Word. Allow it to renew your mind. Remind yourself where your true citizenship lies. The world's way of living and conducting business will fail. Everything not based on Jesus will, but you are not of this world. (John 15:19)

So, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32 "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 If fear and doubt attempt to shift your focus and bring despair, go to the Word and saturate yourself in the promises of God. Allow the supplier of your needs, the one who is great inside of you, to hide you in the secret place of the Most High. (Psalm 91) And Remember...He loves you as He loved Jesus. (John 17:23)

Have a blessed weekend celebrating the Lord of the Harvest, the One who supplies ALL your needs!

Popular Posts