In the Spring

"When's the baby coming? You have to be patient. But when? In the spring. - "

- Milly in the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

"In the spring..." Yes, in the spring a baby will be held in our arms for the first time, our grandbaby, our very first grandbaby. My friends tell me "You love your own children, but those grandchildren! You just can't imagine!" I do love my own children beyond description, but already there is an indescribable love for this sweet baby who is coming in the spring. It isn't more, but it is different, different in a way I can neither understand or explain. 

Life for all of our family has been very hard for a very long time, and now, when it feels harder than it has ever felt before, when we sometimes wonder how long we can endure, a promise of love has come. A loving whisper is stirring a song of hope deep within. God has lovingly spoken a promise of life to our weary souls. "It won't always be this hard the promise softly sings. I always send a gift when the way is difficult. A baby. I always send life anew, and new life is coming. A baby is coming...in the spring."




Popular Posts