Preparing for the Future

The future. Sometimes I get so caught up in the right now I almost forget there is a tomorrow. Other times I am completely overwhelmed by what is ahead so that the blessings of today go unnoticed. There seems to be a holy tension between today and tomorrow that requires intentionality of focus and a deliberate paying attention.

Bible verses such as Hebrews 12:2 show me the way to follow. It is the example of Jesus my Lord and Savior.

"We look away from the natural realm and we fasten our gaze onto Jesus who birthed faith within us and who leads us forward into faith’s perfection. His example is this: Because his heart was focused on the joy of knowing that you would be his, he endured the agony of the cross and conquered its humiliation, and now sits exalted at the right hand of the throne of God!"
Hebrews 12:2 TPT

I am to look away from the natural realm and fasten my gaze on Jesus. He leads me forward. This is the focus to have. This is where my attention belongs. I'm the days leading up to the election may we all maintain our focus on Jesus as He leads us forward into faith's perfection. May the government of the United States of America be the government of a nation whose God is the Lord. Psalm 33:12.

Popular Posts