"Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call." Acts 2:38-39

Repent. It's a word we don't often dwell on. Maybe because we think we've already taken care of it. But what does it really mean? The Amplified Bible gives the added definition of (change your views and purpose to accept the will of God in your inner selves instead of rejecting it) Hmmm, have I changed my views and purpose to accept the will of God in my inner self? Not in every thing. As I ponder on this, I have come to realize that there are still areas where true repentance is needed.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for Your Word. It is alive and active. Once more it has exposed, sifted, analyzed, and judged the very thoughts and purposes of my heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

Popular Posts