Do You Know Your State's Preamble?

An email came across my screen this afternoon.  It is one that I had received a long time ago.  I appreciated it then, and I appreciate it even more today.  The email contained the preamble to each of the 50 states constitutions.  Guess what?  All 50 states mention God.  Every, single one.  Every day more and more of our freedoms are threatened and/or taken away.  This past Sunday Americans everywhere celebrated their independence, yet how many of us were willing to put away the party and pray?  2 Chronicles 7:14 tells us that God will hear from heaven and heal the land of those who call on His name, humble themselves, seek His face, and turn from their wicked ways.  I know this, but do I believe it?  Do I practice it?  My heart is grieved for the condition of America, but exactly how grieved?  Enough to put on sackcloth and ashes?  Enough to rend my garments?  Enough to forgo my yearly tradition of playing to seek His face for this land's healing so that there will be many more years to celebrate freedom?   I know that there were ministries who sent out an urgent call for Christians across American to drop to their knees and cry out for God's mercy and divine intervention in our nation.  Did I give serious enough attention to this call?  I'm not sure that I did. 
I am so thankful that all I have to do is what I can do.  In a world that appears to be whirling completely out of control, God's Word remains a strong, true anchor.  Men and nations can plan and plot and scheme to their hearts content, but no matter how they try, no one can touch God's children, those who fear Him.  "Those who fear the Lord lack no good thing." Psalm 34:10  "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord."  Psalm 33:12.  Psalm 33 also tells us that the LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.  Not only that but "His eye is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine."   Even in the midst of worldly famine, I will be kept alive.  Better than that, I'll thrive. (Psalm 1:3)  In the coming days as American's everywhere bow their hearts and knees before Almighty God, I pray that we remember the Lord our God.  That we humble ourselves, seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways.  Then, He will hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land.  God Bless America.

Popular Posts