Apple cupcake picture


Jessica, my sis-in-love sent us a picture of the apple cupcake idea listed in last week's post.  Thank you Jess for sharing your great results with us.  Makes me want to go make some cupcakes! 
 
Have any pictures of other Fall projects?  Send 'em in!  The rest of us love new inspiration. 
 
Even though it isn't officially Fall/Autumn yet, the weather doesn't seem to know that it's supposed to wait until the 21st to be Fall.  It's definitely Fall out there.  It smells like Fall, looks like Fall, and we're ready for it to taste like Fall too.  There have been enough chilly mornings for me to start thinking about throwing together a batch of hot cocoa mix.  Autumn decorations in the magazines have me itching to get out our seasonal items.  How about you?  What preparations for the Autumn season are taking place at your house?  Do you have a favorite hot drink that you enjoy?  Special decorating traditions? 
 
Every year I like to try something new along with our favorite standbys.  This year, I hope to find lots and lots of acorns to decorate with.  Better Homes & Gardens latest issue shared several ideas for acorns that sparked my interest.  As usual, the decorations that intrigue me most are those using items scavenged from nature such as leaves, twigs, pinecones,  and acorns.  What I really want to do is toss a bunch of acorns in an old wooden dough bowl and set it out.  However...I don't have an old wooden dough bowl so I'm considering making a rustic twig basket tray and filling it instead.  I'm also tossing around the idea of spray painting some acorns and stringing together with preserved leaves into a garland.  That's still a maybe though---not a definite.  That creative bug that hits every Fall is definitely beginning to bite, and I'm eager to get started.   So, please send in your favorite Fall ideas and pictures.  Our holiday chat is starting early. 
 

 
 
 

Popular Posts