We've been hanging out playing some trivia this week. The commenter with the most correct answers wins a gift basket filled with handcrafted goodies, and the winner is(drumroll please)... Tim! Congratulations, Tim. I will be getting your gift basket to you as soon as possible. Of course we both know that means as soon as I am in town when the post office is open. I also want to send a special thank you out to my mom as she is the only commenter who even attempted to answer all of the questions. Also, Emily, please leave comments everytime you stop in. I love reading them. Who does get to decide what numbers are what, anyway? OK, I'll confess. The reason I loved your comments so much is because I too guessed gazillion. Great minds and all that.
Thank you to everyone who left a comment, and to those who stopped by to visit. It is much more fun when everyone joins in. Also, please don't be shy; feel free to leave a comment. Every comment increases the fun. Now, here are the answers everyone has been waiting for:
1. More money is printed for Monopoly than for the U.S. treasury.
2. One Thousand is the the first number using the letter "a".
3. Coca-Cola was originally green.
4. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birth place.
5. The state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work is Alaska.
6. 28 percent of Africa is wilderness.
7. 38 percent of North America is wilderness.
8. The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven is $16,400.
9. The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour is 61,000.
10. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
11. The first novel ever written on a typewriter was Tom Sawyer.
12. San Francisco cable car is the only mobile national monument.
13. Bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.
14. The only food that doesn't spoil is honey.
Did any of the answers surprise you? Some of them did me too. More than anything, I hope everyone had fun. We all need a little change of pace once in a while to keep us from getting stale.
Now that our week of trivia is over, I don't know what we will be doing here at A Mother's Rewards. This is the first time in a long time that there aren't any posts pre-scheduled for the next week. There are some thoughts roaming around inside of me that might just end up on here sometime though. Beware.
So, until our next get together, enjoy the greatest resource on earth, each other. The weeks preceding Thanksgiving are also a marvelous opportunity to refocus our thoughts and attitudes towards thankfulness. Together let's get out of ourselves and bless somebody. Come on! It'll be fun! Even more than the trivia questions. Love to you all, Blessed Mama.