Praying What?

Romans 12:11  AMP

11 Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.
 
Reminders from scripture are good reminders! The above verse is no exception. As the words return to my mind again and again I am reminded that no matter what I am doing or where I am, I am never to lag in zeal and earnest endeavor, not just endeavor but earnest endeavor. Huge difference there.
 
Another reminder from scripture that has been often returning to mind is that of praying scripture over others. Colossians 1:9 - as far as I choose to go during that prayer time is one of my favorite portions to pray for loved ones and others. Many of the Psalms work well also. Psalm 91 is what our family prays when praying for protection. Many, many scriptures assist us when interceding in prayer. It just came to me that keeping a notebook of these scriptures would be a really good idea. Then again, I have felt an urging to keep a notebook in several different areas lately, to record and document. Gonna have to get busy with this one. Sounds like possibly an idea for the book binding machine, a homemade notebook. A future post perhaps?
 
Continuing on with our season of being thankful, I am thankful for the one/ones who gave me this precious gift of praying scripture. Not only did they teach me how, they let me know that it was possible. I don't remember who it was or when they did, but I am thankful beyond words just the same. I remember how excited I was to learn that simply by inserting individual names into the Word of God I could pray as I never had before. As today's visit ends, I pray in the name of Jesus that each and every reader never lags in zeal and earnest endeavor. That they are always aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord Jesus. In His name, Amen.
 

Popular Posts