Seeing

And Jesus said to him, Receive your sight! Your faith (your trust and confidence that spring from your faith in God) has healed you. -- Amp
Jesus said, "Go ahead - see again! Your faith has saved and healed you!" The healing was instant. -- Message
And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. Luke 18:42

This scripture, shared from a variety of translations and versions of the Holy Bible, give us the words Jesus spoke to a man whose sight had been restored. While this is a testimony of physical blindness being removed, I couldn't help but think of how often I have been blind, not physically, but spiritually, emotionally, mentally.

Many times I am in desperate need of having my sight restored. Often I see with my earthly eyes instead of from the Father's heavenly viewpoint. I profess Him as Lord yet live as if He doesn't exist. I encourage others with scriptural truth while allowing the deception of what my physical eyes see to determine my own personal state of mind. Beloved, this should not be. 

The calendar reveals that Thanksgiving Day will be here two weeks from tomorrow. How thankful I am today for God's grace and loving correction. What comfort I find in knowing that He gently, tenderly reveals my flaws, those areas that lack faith, the places in my living and thinking that are out of whack with His Word and Truth.

My heart rejoices in Christ my Savior! I am excited about the many opportunities to love and serve in His name that are coming my way. How thrilled I am to know that no matter how the elections in my country went last night, God is still God. He hasn't changed one iota. He never will change. The state of earthly affairs in no way diminishes our relationship or His power. He is everything He always has been and always will be. How do the results of last night's elections affect me? I would like to say not at all. However, that wouldn't be true. They do affect me, greatly. An excitement has been stirred within that is like a raging inferno of anticipation. If ever there was a period in history that needed the love of God and people of God who live, talk, act, and breathe His love, it is now!

Look around! Just look! See? Do you see them? Do you see the opportunities to love? to serve? to comfort? to share the Father's healing love and grace? This is the moment the church has been prepared for! This is the time we will arise and shine with the light of God. Now! Now is the "when" disciples of Christ will be as lights shining on a hill. How brightly His love will shine forth amid the darkness!

Are we discouraged? in despair? frustrated? NO! No, no, a thousand times no! For we know Whom we have believed and are persuaded that He is able to keep that which we have committed unto Him against that day. We know that He has overcome the world aka the culture and deprived it of it's power to harm us. We know that He concerns Himself with our every step. We know that as He was so are we in this world. We know that He in us is greater than he that is in the world. We know He has provided a way of escape from any and every temptation. We know that we are under His wings inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High. We know that we have been redeemed from the curse of the law of sin and death and that now we get to go out into the world and share this freedom message with those around us. We know that we know that we know that we know our Redeemer lives, and He lives IN US!

Nothing has changed yet everything has changed. No longer will the church of Jesus be able to hide behind the skirts of a "religious" government while doing little to nothing themselves. Oh no, we have been released from the prison of mediocrity and spiritual laziness. We have been set free to live fully, wholly, completely, yes, even radically in Him, the One who died and now lives to set us free! Hallelujah! Mankind cannot take the credit for what God is doing in this nation. Hang on dear brothers and sisters! God is showing Himself strong and mighty. He is rising up with healing in His wings. He is coming forth in splendor, majesty, and power such as this generation of people have never before seen.

Now! The ears of my heart keep hearing God say the word "NOW!" NOW! IS THE TIME! Arise, Arise church! Arise saints of God! NOW! ARISE! ARISE AND GO FORTH IN THE POWER OF MY NAME! GO FORTH AND LIVE AS THE CHILDREN OF GOD THAT YOU ARE! I IN YOU AM STRONG! I AM MIGHTY! I AM LOVE, LIGHT, MERCY, AND GRACE! NEVER FEAR. NEVER DOUBT. NEVER BE AFRAID OF THE TERROR OR THE DARKNESS! I, LIGHT, AM GREATER THAN THE DARKEST DARK AND I AM IN YOU! BE NOT AFRAID! NEITHER BE DISMAYED! FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO! WHEREVER YOU GO, I GO! SAY WHAT I SAY. DO WHAT I DO. LIVE AS I LIVE. BE AS I AM. BE HOLY AS I AM HOLY. CRUCIFY, ELIMINATE THE SIN IN YOUR LIFE. DRAW NEAR TO ME, AND I WILL DRAW NEAR TO YOU. THIS IS THE TIME. THIS IS THE DAY. BE WATCHING FOR ME. BE WAITING FOR MY WORDS TO YOU. BE READY. BE WILLING. I AM LOOSING YOU, TURNING YOU LOOSE INTO A WORLD aka CULTURE THAT IS HUNGRY WITH LONGING FOR ME, A GOD THEY KNOW NOT. BUT YOU, YOU KNOW ME. BE READY. BE WILLING AND READY TO BE ME TO ALL YOU MEET. I, IN YOU, AM CHANGING THE WORLD, THE CULTURE. BE READY. I AM NEAR. I AM HE! I AM THAT I AM! I AM. I LOVE YOU DEAR ONES. I HAVE NOT LEFT YOU, LET YOU DOWN, NOR FAILED. TRUST ME. I WILL GIVE YOU REST. I love you.

God is so good to give us His word of life this morning! May each one of us receive exactly what He desires us to and go in God, not only this day but everyday. He is Lord, and there is none else besides Him! In the name of Jesus, Amen.



Popular Posts