Good News & Snow

Hey There! You came out in the rainy snow! Come in! Come in! The fire is going if you need to warm up. Have a seat right there. I'll put the kettle on for tea, or something. Don't you just love the first snow? There is just something exciting about the first true snow, even if there isn't enough on the ground for a six and eight year old to make snowballs with. There is something or other being worked on inside the house today. I won't chat long here on the blog as My Beloved is here. I want to have tea with him since he is inside this afternoon. We don't get the opportunity very often.

Still no pictures of the chalkboard. I am having a bit of an issue getting the paint to be even. I have one last thing to try before saying "That's it!" and leaving it as is. Then maybe we will get it trimmed, hung, and in a picture before Christmas! Wouldn't that be loverly?

Just wanted to let you know it snowed. Somehow that seemed worth sharing. At least it did at the time. Also, as we head into the holiday season, here's a quick mention of possible resources for holiday ideas: Pinterest and magazines. Yes, there are still the real deal paper magazines available, so thankful for that! When the paper magazines have shared all they have to share, Pinterest is there too. Have you ever sat and "pinterested" with your spouse? Loads of fun! Well, My Beloved and I have fun. We have found a number of things to try while scrolling our way through. Watch our Colonel Redeemed! We're going to get you!

Before I go pour water for our tea, just a quick share from my heart. Mark 16:15 says "..."Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." The word gospel means Good News. Good News. Not Bad, depressed, evil, wicked, look what the devil did or is doing to me news. G-O-O-D N-E-W-S. News of the "Be of good cheer for I have overcome the world and I have come that they might have life and more abundantly" variety, that's the good news of the Gospel. For several weeks now there has been an insistent whispering in my heart for me to obey the Word exactly perxactly and preach (speak, share, and declare) the Gospel, the Good News, just as God has commanded. Since being made aware of the lack of Gospel being shared, I have caught myself almost speaking out news that isn't true Gospel more than I like. Dear Jesus, thank You for providing Good News. I pray it and it alone is shared in the way you have instructed. May it be our heart's desire to share only You for You are good. In Your name, Amen.

Ready for that cup of tea, dear friend? Me too. Let's go get us a cuppa something and share more of God's Good News with each other! We can meditate on God's Good News as we finish out the day with our loved ones.

Sharing and Declaring the Gospel aka Good News,
Abundantly Blessed @ Abundance House blog

Popular Posts