Thanksgiving - I'm Thankful

Good morning! Only a few days left until Thanksgiving is here! I love Thanksgiving, everything about it. I love the cooking. I love having people eat the food. I love the fire in the woodstove, the football later, the naps full tummies bring, afternoon walks outdoors, reheating leftovers for supper, even having leftover desserts for breakfast the next morning. I'm smiling as I think about it. An entire holiday devoted to giving thanks to God and thanking Him by celebrating His abundant goodness. Ahhhh, did you hear my blissful sigh of joy?

Come on in and have some tea with me. There is a brisk breeze this morning. The weatherman says it is blowing in some weather. Cattle working might be a bit chilly next week if it gets as cold as they say it might. At least it will be cool enough for a fire in the stove on Thanksgiving. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Anyone coming over? Oh, you are going? That can be fun too. You are right. I do love having guests over, especially for meals. I really truly do. Not everyone enjoys cooking for a lot of people or having people come over, but I looked forward to having gatherings in my home for years. Now that family and friends do gather in our home, a long-awaited dream has come true for me. What about you? What's your holiday dream come true?

Is it time for you to go already? I understand. It is a busy season. While we were visiting I thought of several things I need to get done or find. I'd better start making a list so they don't get forgotten. Yes! Let's do give prayerful thanks together before you leave! Thank you Lord for this dear friend and how they bless me with their visits. Thank you for the many evidences of Your goodness that surround us each day. I pray that we have eyes to see, ears to hear, a mind to understand, and a heart that knows every evidence of You every day all day through. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen. Thank You for Jesus! We are so excited about celebrating Him during the Christmas season!


Popular Posts