Endorphin High ~ Join me?

Hi! I'm sweaty! Hope you don't mind. Just got done with some Zumba. It's a DVD. I'm really enjoying it. It has even inspired me to pop in some of my other DVDs and a VHS on workout days, just because I kind of missed them. Is that weird, that I like to exercise and have missed my various workouts? Weird or not. I am glad to be exercising more again.

Lest you develop some elegant, graceful image of a totally sexy latin dancer like the Zumba instructors on the DVD, please set your mind at ease. There is a reason I do this via DVD, in the privacy of my own home. This isn't about looking good while exercising. It is about moving this body around and having fun doing so. It is also about working towards the goal of looking good "someday". Hopefully this "someday" will be accomplished in time for my 25th wedding anniversary next February. Hoping hard for this. Mostly it is about moving this body around to become not only a smaller me but a healthier me, a me that will be around for much longer than my 25th wedding anniversary, a me that will be even healthier and more active when my youngest child is 20 years old than I am now. I want to become healthy and strong enough to be able to do any and everything God might desire. I want to run, work, jump, mop the floor, clean the house, everything, without help, if need be.

For a time I wondered if having such an every day goal as being a smaller version of me by my 25th wedding anniversary was a shallow sort of vanity that has no place being hoped for during such tumultuous times. People are losing their heads and lives after all. However, it didn't take long for me to come to the conclusion that wanting to be a smaller me by next February isn't shallow, nor is it vain. No, it isn't world changing, but it might be life saving. It might save my life.

I talk a lot on this blog about being intentional, making purposeful determined decisions, being real, and other such things. I mean those things. I want to be real, intentional, make purposeful decisions. I do. Yet, if I'm not being real, purposeful, and intentional about being the healthiest me in my body and my soul and my spirit, what good is any of it? If I feast on the Word of God and pray to strengthen my spirit while starving my mind or allowing my body to lose strength and health how will I be able to obey those things requiring thought and physical strength? Likewise, if I only study the Bible from an intellectual standpoint or pursue physical health with no regard towards my spirit my obedience will still be limited. So, all of that to say I now realize that whatever is done to reach the healthiest me possible must include all of me, body, soul, and spirit.

So, now you know where I've been lately, why there haven't been as many visits. Figuring out how to work on becoming completely, wholly healthy is taking some time. I also care too much to waste your time with words sent out just because it seems like the thing a blogger ought to do. Your time is much too valuable to be taken up with "just because it seems like the thing to do" words. You deserve better than that. You deserve a Word straight from the heart of the Father, right from Abba's heart to yours. So, dear friend, I'm going to say Good-Bye for tonight. A shower is needed before supper is started. Cooking while sweaty makes me feel gross somehow. Silly, I know.

I don't know where you are in regards to your personal whole health, body, soul, spirit. It isn't my business to know. BUT... there always seems to be a but doesn't there? But, stepping back and taking an honest look at your complete self and comparing your total health to the health you want to walk in is a good thing to do every so often. I was very surprised to realize that total health wasn't as out of reach as I had thought. Every big thing is made of up of many little things. Consequently, tweaking a lot of little things makes a huge impact. Drinking water at meals instead of another beverage, speed walking across the house when moving from place to place, dancing around while stirring pots at the stove or cutting veggies, are all little things that have the potential to make a major difference. By the way, chasing a two-year-old through the house when he goes commando is awesome cardio!

Maybe you are in tip top shape physically. Maybe it's your soul (mind, will, and emotions) or your spirit that are weak and/or flabby. Maybe it's time to get that Bible off of the shelf and read it or maybe it's time to read less and do more. Perhaps it's time to dust off those vinyl records and introduce the younger set in your life to some vintage sound. Maybe taking a class or conducting a personal study on a new topic is on your road to whole health. There is at least one online course I am currently considering. Possibly whole health for you can be reached by turning every electronic in your life to the OFF position, making up your bed in the softest sheets you own, crawling into that bed, and sleeping until you wake up naturally. Then again, it might be as close as brewing a fresh pot of tea, baking some scones, and finding a friend to share them with. Maybe, just maybe, while you and your friend are drinking that tea and eating those scones you need to laugh until the tea comes out your nose. Maybe. Maybe whole health isn't as far off as it seems.

Whatever the path to complete health looks like for you, please join me in walking down it. We aren't the same so what I need may not be anything like what you need, but if we are walking together it will be easier for both of us. With two, one can encourage the other. If one of us should fall, the other can pick us up and dust us off. If we both fall, we'll sit in the dirt laughing until we cry or crying until we laugh then pick each other up and dust each other off. Maybe we'll just get up and keep running, dust and all. I have to go help a Mighty Man of God get pink glitter slime off of his hands. Hugs and Love from me to you!

Popular Posts