As He Is, So Are We


Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he is, so are we in this world.  1 John 4:17

     In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought in completion and attains perfection with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him], because as He is, so are we in this world. -- Amp

     This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we're free of worry on Judgment Day - our standing in the world is identical with Christ's.  -- Message

"...because as He is, so are we in this world." Did you read those words in the scriptures above? The question I have to ask myself is whether or not I am living as Jesus. Does Jesus do what I do? Does Jesus say what I say? Gulp. Not 100% of the time, no. My love needs to be made perfect. Those around me need me to be as Jesus is. They need His love, His compassion, His healing, His understanding, His wisdom. They need Jesus, and I am to be as He is. 

Back to the prayer that carried me from the end from 2015 into 2016: "Search me oh God and know my heart..."

May more of Jesus be yours this year,
Abundantly Blessed

Popular Posts