What God Says Wednesday

Good Morning!

 The past few months have found me wondering something A LOT. They have found me wondering whether or not Christians have any idea what God has said. God has given us His word, the Bible, and it is filled with everything we need to live a Godly life. Yet, over and over and over again, I  catch myself, and hear my children, speaking and living as if we haven't even seen a Bible before. 

As I was praying over this it came to me that perhaps I'm not the only one. Perhaps other brothers and sisters in Jesus could benefit from rediscovering  what God says. For some of us, it's been a very long time since children's Sunday School and Children's Church lessons instructed us in the basics of Christian living. One of the results of my prayerful wondering is a new feature on the blog: "What Does God Say Wednesdays".

What Does God Say Wednesdays will feature a portion from the Bible aka something God says. The portion will be short in length, and the discussion won't be long. This isn't meant for sermonizing; it's intended to provide opportunity for digging in deep and learning more about God on a personal level through what He says in His Word, the Bible.

I don't know about you, but I could definitely benefit from some tried and true meditation, the ole "utter, mutter, and ponder" technique. What I was taught to do was take the scripture, or portion of scripture, speak it out loud, then while going through the rest of the day, week, month, etc., quietly mutter it over and over pondering on it. 

The first portion of scripture I intentionally uttered, muttered, and pondered was Colossians 3:14 - "Above all, love..." That's it. That's the only part of the verse I meditated on. At that time in life, a potentially conflicting situation loomed on the horizon. Wanting to remain in God's way, I called a pastor's wife for counsel and prayer. She shared this verse with me, and I meditated on it for the next couple of days continually. The difference meditating on the verse made in my particular situation and the rest of my life was amazing. 
It is my prayer that our time in the Word Wednesdays will bring about even more amazing differences, in all of our lives. 

This Wednesday's verses will require several days to adequately meditate on. We're not wanting to provide lackadaisical lip service. We're putting our spiritual gloves on and digging in deep, plowing up the hard places of our hearts so the soil of our hearts will be beautifully soft for the seed of God's Word to grow and bear delightful fruit. We're becoming a pure and spotless bride of Christ. No lazy soldiers of Jesus here. We delight in becoming more like Him.

Shall we get started? Colossians chapter three is where we will begin. This chapter is filled to overflowing with practical, yet profound, truths and instructions. I have lots of room for improvement, and this is a great place to start! Today we will focus on verses 1-3. 

Colossians 3Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

If then you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.
For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.

Aiming at and seeking the eternal treasures where Christ is,
Abundantly Blessed


Popular Posts