Small Choices

Purchasing locally made goods is always the best choice, but rural America sometimes doesn't have locally sourced options available. What then? Then we aim for goods made in the U.S.A. Thankfully more are being offered all the time.

The past few weeks I have been on a mini quest to discover new, in country, options for the items our family buys. It has been fun to find out there are more to choose from than I realized. Granted most of them cost more money than what I can find at a discount store, but knowing people in my own nation are making the products makes shopping for even the basics enjoyable. It's similar to going on a treasure hunt.

Being more intentional about what I purchase and where I purchase it has been a wonderful decision. I am excited to continue on being deliberate and purposeful in the shopping I do. I never saw myself as someone who would be willing to save up for a set of bed sheets in order to shop nationally, yet here I am looking forward to the day I get to order a set of sheets made "seed to stitch" in the U.S.A., and that's just the sheets! Wait until I tell you about the blankets and the razors and the hairbrushes and the soap!



Sent from my iPhone

Popular Posts