By His Stripes We Are Healed

"But He was wonded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole." Isaiah 53:5

"Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name! Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--Who forgives [every one of] all your in iquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases. Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption,  Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy; Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!" Psalm 103:1-5

"My son attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart, for they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh." Proverbs 4:20-22

"He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 2:24

Healing.  Has there ever been a time when healing was needed more than now?  Healing of the mind, of the heart, of the emotions, of the spirit, and yes, of the body.  Everywhere a person looks or listens someone, somewhere needs their health restored.

John 10:10 tells us that the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy.  The evidence of that is all too obvious.  All that is required to witness this destructions is to watch or listen to the news.  Media blares the testimony of destruction and death.  Yet, the darkness and destruction of the enemy is not the main point of this verse in John chapter 10.  The greatest truth of John 10:10 is when Jesus says "I have come that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)."  Yes, the enemy steals.  Yes, he kills.  Yes, he destroys, but Christ has come that we may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)!!!  Jesus hasn't just come to give us life, but life in abundance--to the full, till it overflows.  Praise God!  That is good news!  More evidence on the extravagance of our Savior's love.  He doesn't do anything half way.  When Christ comes, life overflows. 

How often does the abundance of life get missed as a result of misplaced focus?  When people gather together does the vein of conversation testify to the abundance of life in Christ or of sickness, death, loss of job, and the works of the enemy?  What do the words I speak testify to? Ouch!  There is no denying that there is a real enemy.  Neither can his working go unnoticed.  It does not, however, have to be the topic of choice.  Nor am I required to dwell exclusively on his workings.  Especially when much of what he accomplishes is made possible by my own choice of word and deed.  Yes, there is evil and darkness in the world.  Many trials and unpleasant things come my way.  Let me not forget that no matter how dark it seems the enemy IS NOT LORD.  He does NOT have control over me.  He has NO authority over me whatsoever---unless I give it to him.  Let me repeat myself, SATAN IS NOT LORD! 

Too often I offer up praises to the enemy by telling of all he has been up to in my life when all of abundance of my Savior goes untold.  Even if the only thing salvation through Christ provided was salvation from eternal damnation, it would still be more abundant and praiseworthy than the earthly trials the enemy shoots at me.  Yet, the salvation Jesus purchased for me provides complete abundance.  There isn't any area of my life that it doesn't touch.  Jesus bore my griefs, sicknesses, weaknesses an distresses.  He carried my sorrows and pains of punishment.  He was wounded for my transgressions and bruised for my guilt and iniquities.  The chastisement needful to obtain peace and well-being was on Him.  I was healed with the stripes that wounded Him.  That is a complete salvation.  My entire being, spirit, soul(mind, will, emotions) and body are covered in Christ's work at Calvary.  In light of such abundance, why do I continue to give praise to the enemy by testifying of his destruction?

In Isaiah 59:19 we find "So [as the result of the Messiah's intervention] they shall [reverently] fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun.  When the enemy shall come in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight [for He will come like a rushing stream which the breath of the Lord drives].  He shall come as a Redeemer to Zion and to those in Jacob (Israel) who turn from transgressions, says the Lord."  More abundance.  In most translations of this scripture there is an incorrect placement of a comma.  Most translations will read like this "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him..."  The comma was put in the wrong spot.  In order for the translation to be correct, it would read as follows "When the enemy shall come in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord..."  What a difference a comma makes!  Like a flood the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight!  Hallelujah! 

Do I need the enemy put to flight in my life?  I do.  Does anyone in my house need the healing Jesus paid for by His stripes manifested in their bodies?  More than one someone does.  Am I a believer of Jesus Christ?  Yes, I am.  Then according to Mark 16:18, I will lay my hands on the sick, and they will get well.  Also, Luke 10:19, I am given authority over all the power of the enemy. 

Healing.  It's bought and paid for.  It has already been provided.  Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  God is God and He changes not.  (Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8)  I've got some abundance to testify of and some sick to lay hands on.  Praise the Lord!  They are doing better now than they were earlier this morning. 

*SIDE NOTE*  January is Good Book Month on A Mother's Reward.  Send in your top five reads for an opportunity to win a Wintry Delight that will accompany those books perfectly.  

Popular Posts