I Will Be Thankful

I will be thankful whatever may come
Whether the day be dreary or fun
I'll stand up and say in a voice loud and clear
I've made up my mind to be thankful this year

The storm winds are howling
The cold air is blowing
The roads they are nasty
So to loved ones I'm not going

But I will not pout, nor will I whine
For I make a choice, I've made up my mind
I'll face disappointment and say without fear
I've made a decision to be thankful this year

Some days will be cheery with sunshine and bliss
Some days will seem ugly with all things amiss
There will be trials and there will be joys
Smiles and laughter, yet some broken toys

No matter what comes my way in each day
I'll look to my Father as I firmly say
I've made a decision I'll now make it clear
I will not budge, for to me You are near
With You I'll abide and be thankful this year
Blessed Mama

It's a blizzard outside again. This is the second, or is it third?, time that an attempt to get together with family has to postponed. While I am disappointed, the peace of God is amazingly real.
It seems as if all I can do this morning is rhyme. Everytime I begin to write, lines just keep coming out one at a time. Sometimes this does happen. It's rather odd this I know. Maybe it has something to do with the snow. Whatever the reason, this strangeness simply won't stop. The only solution is for me to get off. So, I'll go now. it's true. And whatever I do as I travel this day, however great the noise my dear children raise, I'll lift up my heart and my hands like I should. I'll be thankful to God. For I love Him, and I know He is good.

"It is a good and delightful thing to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises [with musical accompaniment] to Your name, O Most High. to show forth Your loving-kindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night." Psalm 92:1,2

Popular Posts