It's the New Year!

The Christmas decorations have been taken down. The weather is much warmer than a week ago. The annual Ladies' Winter Wonderland Retreat is coming up this weekend. I have been asked to help "do nails". OK, OK, those of you who know me can stop laughing now. I know, this is a really odd place for me to be asked to minister. Have you ever seen my nails? I didn't think so. Anyway, this is just one of many "new things" God is leading me into this year. How do I know? I can just feel it inside of me. I can't help but be reminded of the verse in Isaiah where God says He is doing a new thing. Here it is: "Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18,19

2010 is going to be a year of revolution in my life. I'm not making resolutions. I'm preparing for a revolution. A revolution of love, joy, peace, patience, and whatever else I need to be more like Christ. Our home isn't going to be the same at the end of this year as it is now. It isn't like it was 12 days ago right now. God is moving in me and in those around me. I can't help but give Him praise and honor. He is good. His mercy endures forever.

I keep hearing the words of a well-known minister ringing in my heart "Get ready, get ready, get ready, get ready." God is doing a new thing. The new wine is being poured out upon His people. He is a doing a new thing. Do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? Happy New Year! Let's ring it in with the praises of the Most High God in our mouths and on our lips. Let's carry His love to those around us each and every day. His grace is truly sufficient for me, not only for me, but thee as well. Sing praise to God. To the world His praises tell. Sing praises to God. Only in Him will all be well.

Popular Posts