For God so loved....He gave

Why did God give His one and only begotten Son?  Love.  Because He loved the world, He gave.  Such love is beyond comprehension.  The more I think on it, the more the greatness of this Love is to me.  Knowing that I've done absolutely nothing to deserve such kindness, mercy, and grace overwhelms me even more.  The question that I inevitably end up pondering is this...why?  Why would the God of the universe, the Creator minutely care, let alone love enough to give His Son.  I don't know why.  I haven't the foggiest idea, but am I ever glad He does. 

Every moment of every day the richness of God's grace is abundantly evident in my life, even when the children are speaking and behaving completely "in the flesh".  It's so amazing that the children can be involved in a squabble while I'm completely immersed in the peace that passes all understanding.  I often wonder how they can possibly quibble amongst themselves when the presence of Almighty God is so very near and sweet.  Can't they sense it too?  It would appear not.  Though I have noticed that at such times, one glance at my face is all that is required for them to alter their behavior and speech.  Maybe it's more noticable than I originally thought. 

God's love, His grace, His mercy, such abundance...and all of it given to me in abundance.  In the light of such loving extravagance, I am abundantly blessed. 

Popular Posts