Happy Valentine's Day!

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him might not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 KJV

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God for God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:7-12 KJV and NIV

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! My favorite day of the year. Why? Because it is all about Love, and God is Love. There are so many scripture verses about love. Nothing I have to write could possibly say it any better. So, I'm going to let the Word of God speak for me today. Thank you God, for Your Word. It is life and breath to me. It is living, active, powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. It pierces clear down to the motives and intents of my heart. It never returns empty. It will accomplish every thing that You have sent it forth to accomplish. Thank You Father. How I love Your Word.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." Now in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, not any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39

As our family awaits the homegoing of my grandmother, I am being made aware of the blessing of family. The rich wealth of my treasure in my husband and children has always been very real to me. Yet somehow, the love that My Beloved, the children, and I share has become even sweeter lately. The Lord is making a rough place smooth. In His indescribable goodness, He assigned a godly doctor who sits down and sings to Grandma. Only God could have done that. How much He loves my Grandma. He knows how much she loves singing, and He is surrounding her with it. Even the doctor sings to her! All around there is tension and concern over the economy, the state of our nation, the future. Yet, wonder of wonders, here I am knowing that my Grandma will be going Home soon, enfolded in the warmth of God's love and peace. God is so good. The words of a song are running through my mind. I'll end today's post with them.

That God should love a sinner such as I
Should yearn to change my sorrow into bliss
Nor rest til He had planned to bring me nigh
How wonderful is love like this

Such love, Such wondrous love
Such love, Such wondrous love
That God should love a sinner such as I
How wonderful is love like this

Popular Posts