The Fulfilling of a Purpose

"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever---do not abandon the works of your hands."NIV

"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever--forsake not the works of Your own hands." AMPLIFIED
Psalm 138:8

What a lot to think on! The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me and He will perfect that which concerns me. I can't help but notice that it doesn't say He can or that He might. It says He will. Such reassurance this verse contains. As I read on in Psalm 139:1, it just gets better and better. "O LORD, You have searched me [thoroughly] and have known me. You know my downsitting and my uprising; You understand my thought afar off. You sift and search out my path and my lying odwn, and You are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue [still unuttered], but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have beset me and shut me in--behind and before, and You have laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:1-5

I am so glad that the Lord understands my thoughts. For I surely don't most days. Knowing that I can rely on Him and His understanding causes tension to fall off of me in waves as the truth of the Word is revealed. Just imagine, the Lord knows what I am going to say before I say it...and He still loves me! Verse eight of chapter 138 is certainly true when it says that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. As I go through this week I pray with the Psalmist as he writes "forsake not the works of Your own hands". Thank You, Lord for shutting me in behind and before and for laying Your hand upon me. You are good to me.

Popular Posts