A Spiritual Check Up, Exactly So

"And as you would like and desire that men would do to you, do exactly so to them." Luke 6:31amp

Powerful words "do exactly so to them." Exactly so? Whoa. Now that's a command. I don't really like the thought of "exactly so" being returned to me. Yet the further in Luke 6 I read, the more I realize that is what I will receive, exactly what I have given. Everytime I open my mouth I am revealing the fruit of my heart. (Luke 6:45) This goes right along with what God has been teaching me lately. He has been teaching me that evil and corrupt fruit isn't always in your face badness. Sometimes the most corrupt, evil thing silently sneaks in. Something seemingly small like failing to acknowledge or give attention to loved ones.

Failing or refusing to recognize my loved ones can become a form of abuse. I love my husband and children. I would never, ever intentionally abuse them or harm them in any way. Yet how often have I become so involved in my own daily schedule or interests that I failed to notice them? Too often. God is my example. I am to imitate Him. (Ephesians 5:1) He never fails to notice me, and He always listens attentively. He doesn't give me a "Uh-huh, yeah, ok" along with  half of His attention. Is this the "exactly so" I desire to have returned to me? Oh my, I have some serious repenting to do. The more deeply I examine my habits, the more I find to confess and receive forgiveness for.

"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything that is not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]." 1 John 1:9 amp

Have I ever known what unrighteousness truly is? Did I realize that it was everything that is not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action? Everything? I'm not sure I have been living as if I knew. Have my purposes, thoughts, and actions been in conformity to His will? What a great question to use as a spiritual checkup! That needs to go in my journal for repeated use. Right underneath the verse about doing to others exactly what I would have them do to me. Thank You God for checkup points to assist us in living the overcoming life You created us to live. In Jesus' name, Amen. 

Popular Posts