For Love of a Boy

Masculinity. There is just something so very appealing about it. Apparently there is also something very dangerous else why would popular culture strive so ferociously to remove every trace of it? True manly strength must be extremely threatening indeed to the "powers that be" in society. Don't agree? That's OK.

Before tossing the idea out with the garbage though it might behoove one to take a good long look around. How are men portrayed in the media? Not well. Fathers, husbands, boyfriends are often made out to be idiotic fools incapable of any intelligence whatsoever. According to modern society, raw masculinity is something to avoid and shut down.

As a follower of Christ, I am sensing an urging to pay closer attention to the thoughts and attitudes I allow not only in my home but in my heart. The age old saying "garbage in, garbage out" is just as true today as it was when first spoken.

Father's Day is only a few days away. Examining my heart and eliminating ungodly lies concerning men and masculinity is the perfect way to prepare for the celebration of the men in my life. How can I train my sons to be Godly Men if I fail to celebrate and strengthen their manhood in the way God intended? Their differences are strengths that complete my womanhood. Of course men are weaker in some areas women are strong. Women are weaker in other areas where men excel. Together we are whole. That's why God saw it was good after seeing man and woman together. I pray that every day my attitudes and ideas concerning manliness line up more completely with God's. Anyone willing to join me in another heart search? Feel free to comment or email at amothersrewards@gmail.com.

In Jesus,
Blessed Mama

Popular Posts