A Prayer for Coming Out of Darkness

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light (1 Peter 2:9).

"Out of darkness into his wonderful light." Dear Lord, I pray that I am walking in Your wonderful light. That I have truly come out of darkness. I pray the words of a song from my childhood, words that are so like the ones David prayed after sinning, "Search me oh God. Know my heart today. See if there be some wicked way in me, cleanse me from every sin, and set me free." In the name of Jesus I pray that no darkness be in me. That Your light shines forth in faithfulness and truth. I pray that I am growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen

Popular Posts