God Keeps His Word

Years ago, 15 or so, I showed up online in a blog because it seemed something doable, a way to connect with other women like myself even though I live in a remote location. It hasn't turned out as I imagined it would. I couldn't have even dreamed so much life would be lived in these 15ish years. Neither would I have considered typing "15ish". Back then, I would have gone to the archives and found the exact date or reworded the sentence to avoid using generalities. How funny it all can be. That's another difference between then and now; it wouldn't have been funny then. 

To be completely honest, I'm not the same person I was when I posted those first blog words. I don't know who I was back in the fall of 2008, but it wasn't who I am now. I'm not saying anything is better or worse, just different - VERY different. Everything was so cut and dried, black and white. Still is, just not in the same way. The same yet not at all the same. That's the only way to describe it. And that, I hope, is a good thing. 

Well, good or not, I'm sitting here marveling at all of the seasons that have been travelled through these years. Wow. New babies. Children leaving. Children coming home. Children grown. Children married. Grandchildren. Loving. Dying. Aging. Sickness. Healing. Injuries. Continued healing. Pain. Joy. Glory. Friends gone. New friends. Birthdays. Anniversaries. Saying hello. Saying goodbye. Conversations. Stories. Loss. Provision. Struggle. Breakthrough. Through it all, the goodness of God. His never failing goodness envelopes us all. 

Previous posts have contained information on preparation. Preparation is a never-ending topic. Every season of living teaches us new ways to prepare; each season also requires different preparations than the one preceding or following. One season requires stocking up on diapers and wipes while another finds shelves with food stuffs and supplies for adults. Then, there are diapers and wipes and treats again, but this time it is for the grandchildren. 

It's been mentioned before, but I'm going there again, there is a mental aspect to preparation that is very important. Maybe it isn't only mental, perhaps it's hormonal too, probably is. Mental, hormonal, whatever, it's there. Somedays I navigate this variable of preparation well; somedays I don't. There are moments that find me flying high on the joys of grand-mothering, but there are also moments when I shed quiet tears in the pantry because I am not certain I know how to make the transition into the upcoming season of living without any small children of my own. (Note of explanation: My youngest turns 11 this year.)

If you also are in between a familiar and a new unknown season of living and feel a bit unsure, know you are not alone. Also know we will survive this in between land. Not only will we survive, but we will thrive. How do I know this? I know because He who has promised is faithful. 

"So now wrap your heart tightly around the hope that lives within us, knowing that God always keeps his promises!" Hebrews 10:23 TPT

"For God's Word is something to sing about! He is true to his promises, his word can be trusted, and everything he does is reliable and right." Psalm 33:4 

"For all of God's promises find their 'yes' of fulfillment in him. And as his 'yes' and our 'amen' ascend to God, we bring him glory!" 2 Corinthians 1:20  

"Now it is God himself who has anointed us. And he is constantly strengthening both you and us in union with Christ. He knows we are his since he has also stamped his seal of love over our hearts and has given us the Holy Spirit like an engagement ring is given to a bride--a down payment of the blessings to come." 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

God Keeps His Word. He loves us. As we marinate in His faithfulness and fight with His promises we can know we are loved and kept by Him. Everything He has said is true, and happening for us. We are His. Let's rest in this truth and speak to our souls the words of Psalm 46:10. Because we are not God He is, we will change the words "I am" to "He is" as we speak them aloud to ourselves.  

 Surrender your anxiety. Be still and realize that He is God. He is God above all the nations, and He is exalted throughout the whole earth.  Psalm 46:10

I bless you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Yeshua! 


Unless otherwise noted, scriptures are from The Passion Translation.

Yeshua is the Hebrew word for Jesus.

Popular Posts