New Kittens

Our Mama Cat had kittens today! I know, I know, they're just cats, but they are our cats. Besides, I love babies! And yes, I do get this excited every time something new is born at our house. I act calm and grown up, but inside I'm as excited as the most excited child. I get even more excited about people babies. I just love babies! Did I say that already?

There is just something about birth that excites me. It makes me want to jump up and down and run around just like little children do when they are happy and excited. There is also something so profoundly beautiful about it that watching it take place causes my emotions to overflow. (It makes me cry.) This isn't a feeling that has developed since becoming a mother myself either. I've always felt like this. As you can imagine, calving is my favorite season on the ranch. Each year I eagerly hope to see a calf being born. It never gets old or boring to me.

New life is one of the greatest witnesses of God that I know. To me, nothing testifies of His existence and goodness like birth. New life, whether physical or spiritual, is the singularly most thrilling experience, both to participate in and to observe. I completely understand why there is a party in heaven when someone accepts Jesus' offer of salvation. If new kittens excite me like this, the level of excitement over a soul receiving new life must be amazing. Life is exciting! Let's celebrate Jesus and the life He brings!

For those who are interested, I'm posting a picture of the new mama and her babies on the blog. It's the first picture that I've posted. Crazy, huh? I have a daughter who is a marvelous photographer, and the first picture I post is a somewhat blurry shot of a cat and kittens. Oh well, that's just the way it is.

Popular Posts