Proverbs 3:5,6

Proverbs 3:5,6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Hey There! It's Monday. Is it ever Monday, the stereotypical "nasty" Monday. It really didn't begin this way. It began with an unexpected privilege of everyone sleeping in a bit. Well, everyone except Mama and Mighty Man of God. Thanks to the littlest one waking up at a later than usual time, My Beloved and the other children didn't receive their usual wake-up call from Mama. By the time Mighty Man of God was fed, an extra hour of sleep had gone by. Not wanting to begin the week with stress, I focused on relaxing and moving on with the day as usual rather than getting all worked up about being off schedule. Breakfast went great. A perfect opportunity for school devotions opened up, I shared a word that I felt the Lord had laid on my heart, we prayed, and then everyone was sent to their individual assignments. Somewhere between the end of prayer and beginning of the lunch hour, something went absolutely haywire. Maybe it was the two little ones running around the house in glee, very loud glee or maybe it was the fifth grader stressing out about receiving an undesirable answer to a request. (Even though she hadn't been given an answer at all yet) Whatever it was, the atmosphere around this house was less than pleasant.

What did cause this tempest? Hmmm.....I wonder. Could it have been the enemy attempting to steal the Word from our hearts? Was the atmospheric pressure causing behavior issues? (it really does happen) Perhaps it wasn't anything at all. Maybe it just happened to work out that way. Irregardless of the cause, I now have a choice to make. I can spend the rest of the day "leaning on my own understanding" by trying to figure it out or I can "trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledge Him, and allow Him to direct my paths." Which will I choose? Today I'm choosing to trust in the Lord with all my heart knowing that He is faithful to His Word and that He will direct my paths as I allow Him to. If there was ever a day I needed directing, it's today.

How about you? Is your Monday going less than great? Do you have a choice to make as well? I sincerely hope not. I pray that your day is going stupendously, but if it isn't. If you do have a choice to make, I pray that you choose to trust in the Lord and allow Him to direct your paths. That you will rest in the truth that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. (Philippians 1:6) From this point on we will be singing "Happy Monday to us!"

Popular Posts