Autumn Butters and Black Friday

Happy Thanksgiving---a day early!!!

I want to pass on some really yummy looking recipes for various Autumn Butters as well as some info. on great Black Friday deals. I'll put the recipes at the bottom and list the sales now. Notebookingpages.com is having a Black Friday sale. This one would be for homeschoolers who have been wanting some copywork or notebooking pages. I noticed a 50% off in their ad. Also, pennyraine.com is going to be having an amazing sale of 50% off your entire order when you purchase from the left hand column! Wow! The Old Schoolhouse Magazine is also having a great sale. This site has all types of books and goodies. This may be just the spot for grandparents to fill in the rest of their Christmas gift buying. You will be required to set up an account with a password, but hey, shipping is ALWAYS free on this site.

Another new website that I received notice of is Beehive Cottage. I haven't been there yet, but am on my way soon, very, very soon. It was said to be like having a warm, loving grandmother. Who can resist that?

I pray that as we are nearing Thanksgiving, each and every one of us slows down enough to spend some time contemplating true Thankfulness. Am I truly thankful? Perhaps it would help us if we were to look up the meaning of the word. THANKFUL - Grateful; impressed with a sense of kindness received, and ready to acknowledge it. THANKFULLY - With a grateful sense of favor or kindness received. THANKFULNESS - Expression of gratitude; acknowledgement of a favor. 2. Gratitude; a lively sense of good received. So, am I truly thankful? I'm grateful, but am I ready to acknowledge it? Do I express true thankfulness? Do I acknowledge favors given me?

OK, here's the real "ouch". Do I acknowledge the favors and have gratitude for the kindnesses I receive from my family? or is this a form of good manners that I reserve for friends and acquaintances? Do I diligently send out thank you notes to others because "it's the proper thing to do", yet allow the kindnesses I receive daily from those closest to me go by with a casual "thanks"? Hmmm. Do they even receive a thanks? So, am I truly thankful or do I just know how to conduct myself politely? What's really in my heart? Perhaps I need a complete thankfulness refill. I know that I am abundantly blessed, but I must confess that I haven't always expressed my gratitude.

The scripture is quite clear in Psalm 107:1. "O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!" The Psalms are filled with instructions to give thanks to the Lord--for He is good. I think that some time spent putting these scriptures in my heart is just the activity to take me into a completely authentic day of Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm thinking that spending a few moments to look up the verses, type them onto self-adhesive address labels, and stick them on the leaves of our Autumn garland would definitely be time well spent. If I put the garland along the kitchen countertop facing the dining room, we could see these reminders of thanksgiving as we eat breakfast tomorrow.

Which brings me to another topic. Peaceful holidays. Is experiencing a holiday season of complete peace the Mission Impossible of motherhood? Often the busyness and stress of the season makes celebrating the gift of Jesus seem anything but peaceful. However, I have a feeling that the Word of God has much to teach us on this topic. As we enter the Christmas season, there will be a number of posts devoted to experiencing a Season of Peace this year. So stay tuned...the daily Christmas question and/or challenge will begin the day after tomorrow. Just don't forget to come out and play with us. Those snowflakes are going to look awesome posted on the blog---hint, hint.

To end our Autumn Season of Celebration, I'm posting pictures of the pumpkin art we scattered throughout our home this year. Celebrate Jesus, He is the Lord of the Harvest. Grounded in Him we will be truly Thankful. Much love to you all!

Popular Posts