Pictures of the Harvest

Merry Christmas! Before we officially begin our Christmas season, I'm going to post the pictures of our Autumn Harvest Season. Yes, these are the ones I said were coming quite a while ago. The Fall season may be over now, but perhaps there are some inexpensive/free decorating ideas that can be tucked away for next year.
I'm just going to give a brief overview of what you will be seeing. First off will be the pumpkins that we "painted" words and/or monograms on. This could be done with black paint, but we used Sharpie. I printed off words and/or letters in a font that we liked best, went over the back of the words with pencil very heavily, taped them on the chosen pumpkin, and traced over the lettering. This worked like a carbon copy. Then I took my Sharpie (any permanent marker would work) and went over the tracing on the pumpkin. Viola! Almost instant success! We loved it. A fun and easy project that can be as casual or elegant as you want.
There is also a pic of some grasses one of my children picked and brought in as a bouquet for me. If something has pretty colors, shapes, and/or texture, it may very well end up being brought in "for Mama". "I saw the Burgundy color of those weeds, Mama. So I had to bring it in to you." has been said more than once to me. Guess what! They were right. I enjoy the weeds and grasses as much as they flowers. God always makes sure to provide the children with presents to bless their mamas. Now why can't we see the presents He provides for us to extend to those we love as our children do? Oh we of little faith.
OK, this is about the pictures. Sorry. There are a couple of shots thrown in for fun. A little pumpkin that wasn't quite ripe found a home sitting in a grape vine wreath on a scrap of fabric in the corner of a former church pew. Whoa! That sentence was long and awkward. Not sure how to revise that one. Lastly, there is a just for fun shot of my littlest using a pumpkin for one of his favorite things---sitting on it and rolling back and forth. The pumpkins were also used as step stools for this small but mighty man of God to reach the light switches, the kitchen counter, and whatever else struck his fancy:) The smaller ones that fit his little hands just right also proved irresistible for throwing like a ball---he really likes balls. This activity was halted quickly. Oh! I almost forgot there is also a shot of the Harvest Moon. What a beautiful view we were given for several evenings in a row. Of course every time we saw the large orange sphere we each had to sing "Shine on, shine on harvest moon up in the sky..." I think that perhaps Papa was rather thankful when the Harvest Moon season had past:)
Please feel free to send me pics of your Autumn Season to post as ideas for next year. I pray that your Autumn Season of Harvest brought you bountiful blessings in every area of your life. Happy Harvest and Merry Christmas!

Popular Posts