Websites to check out

Good Afternoon!

I have some new websites for you to enjoy. The first one that I want to mention is www.oldfashionedliving.com. This site is chock full of great articles and so much more. I've been there several times and have yet to see it all. There is a lot of info. and recipes for tea lovers, but don't stay away if you aren't into tea. There is plenty for all. Great recipes, tips, too much to share here.

The next site is alice.com. This site is for the lover of bargains. Bargains, bargains, bargains are here. Best of all, FREE SHIPPING! I purchased a 5 pk. of razors for $1.77. There were some women's personal items for $.41. That's for a 24 ct. box! Can you say yearly supply? Now, some of the items are priced about the same as we would find in the store. Some are even a little higher. However, there are quite a few products that we cannot find in our stores at all. By taking advantage of the best deals on products they use, a person could seriously stock up for less than a single item would cost full price normally. A few weeks ago there was Suave shampoo and conditioners for 61 cents each! As you can see, by watching the sales, this site enables a person to stock up on the priciest part of our necessities. Don't forget the free shipping with a minimum order of six items too. Alice.com carries diapers, paper products, laundry detergent, coffee, tea, snacks, so much. You'll just have to check it out yourself.

I've mentioned TEACH magazine's website before, but be sure and check it out again. They have a new website and are also offering some amazing prices on bundles. Bundles are groups of like products offered at a serious discount. Try $150 worth of products for approx. $25(24.97) worth of discount on at least one bundle. Some of the topics are homeschool oriented, but there are quite a few that would bless anyone. Getting dinner on the table without stress, getting control of the housework, training the children, marriage, these are just a few of the topics with a bundle discount. One bundle could provide several Christmas presents at one low price. I'm headed back there later on to check it out more thoroughly myself.

It seems as if there was another website that I wanted to pass on to you, but it has escaped my mind. I'll just have to save it for another day. Oh, wait! I remembered! It is moneysavingmom.com. Money saving tips and strategies for today's high grocery prices abound on this website. Effective coupon using is discussed along with many other helpful tips and suggestions. Be sure and watch for a post answering the question of how rural dwellers far from larger areas with certain chain stores can save money. An answer will be posted sometime in the future. I'm looking forward to reading the answer.

One last tidbit of money-saving info. for you, if you happen to be in an area where CVS, Aldis, Krogers, Walgrens, and some other stores along those same lines are at, make sure that you get coupons from a Sunday newspaper, stack those coupons, practice some other saving strategies and get those amazing money-saving deals available to you. Those of us who are far away from these stores will rejoice with you at the immense savings you get. You can even end up getting a lot free products using the right combination of coupons and strategies. It sounds like fun. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, don't worry. It's all new to me too. Check out the articles on using coupons on moneysavingmom.com and you could google Jim Bob and Amy Howard and check out their info. on it too.

OK, there's another little bit of savings info. I'll throw in. Then, I'm done. I promise. I know that times are tight for a lot of people. If that is you, or even if it isn't, look for and pray about ways to stock up on the basics as much as you are able to. I could see the wisdom in "putting by", but simply didn't have the resources available to do much, if any. So, I commited the matter to prayer. I told the Lord that I could see if would be wise and if He wanted me to do this then I would trust Him to make it possible for me to do. If He didn't then I would simply rest in the assurance that He was going to provide in some other manner. Almost immediately, items that were on my "necessity" list began to go on sale. Other things that were on my list were provided in other ways. This wasn't a one time deal either. It has been going on continuously for several weeks! Every time we run out of something or need something, it either goes on sale or is given to us--every time. As a matter of fact, it has become so regular that when we ran out of a certain item this past week, I was actually SURPRISED not to find it in the sale flyer from the grocery. Oh well, I thought. Apparently, we aren't to have it right now. Guess what! When I went to the store to purchase our other groceries, it was on sale--even though it hadn't been listed in the flyer! Isn't God good? He take such good care of His children! Why do we ever, ever worry?

Here's the final tidbit that I was going to mention earlier. Try cooking as much from scratch as your particular situation will allow. If you aren't already in a habit or practice of doing this, don't freak out. Just try one new thing at a time. The savings will be tremendous I can assure you, not to mention the health benefits your family will experience. (I'll save that for another post) Homemade food usually tastes yummier too. The internet is full to overflowing of easy, affordable, and completely yummy recipes to begin cooking with. All you need is right there OR find someone you know who cooks and ask them for help. I'm sure they would be glad to help however they can. The saying from an old commercial just crossed my mind "Try it. You might like it." If nothing else, by practicing a little thrift, you will find yourself experiencing somewhat of a thrill. You might even discover a "What a Woman!" hiding inside.

We'll talk more about this later. I can tell. Love to you, and remember...Celebrate the Giver of the Harvest! He is God and He is good!

Popular Posts