200 POSTS!!!

200 POSTS!  Can you believe it?  200 times I have sat at this computer and posted something to this blog.  Wow!  That's a lot of posting, and that's a lot of time.  Wow.  This post is beginning to sound like a broken record.  Sorry about that.  200 posts just seems so much more than 100 did.  OK, enough about that topic.  Let's move on.  HOPEFULLY...by the time we have completed our visit, Colonel Redeemed (16 yrs. old son) will have ceased making a comment on every single sentence I type :)  He's "spending time with his mother".  We won't tell that this is something he is supposed to do for a youth assignment.  Oops, too late.  Sorry, Colonel Redeemed. 

Speaking of Colonel Redeemed, I am so thankful for the children God has rewarded me with. (Psalm 127:3)  They are a ton of fun!  No, they are not always fun, but they are fun a lot.  THAT is the part I am thankful for this day, the fun part.  Laughing together is one of my favorite things about our larger family. 
When I was a child growing up with the dream of someday being a mother, the greatest blessings of motherhood never even crossed my mind.  My sweet, little childhood dream of motherhood didn't hold a candle to reality.  The joys are infintely greater, but then again, so are the sorrows.  Everything about motherhood is greater.  Actually, everything about life is magnified when compared with what I dreamed it would be. 

As a result of it all, good or bad, gain or loss, I am a better person.  I am less selfish, more observant, less critical, more patient.   I see things I wouldn't have ever seen by myself, and my family has experienced things they wouldn't have without me.  Together we are stronger, happier, and better than any of us would be alone.  One of the greatest blessings in my life is being a part of WE rather than merely being ME. Thank you Lord for the WE that keeps me from majoring in ME.  May WE together always look unto THEE.  In Christ's name, Amen.

On my way out the door, I want to tell you about a couple of really fun things going on.  First things first.  I'm not sure I've ever done this before, but I'm mentioning a TV show that might be enjoyable.  It is on Mondays and Wednesdays, 8 p.m.CT.  The show is titled The Sing Off.  It features several groups of singers who perform songs from various genres and eras acapella before a panel of three judges and an audience.  That's right, everything must be done acapella. The show is similar in form to American Idol, but much, much better.  Each time, two groups are voted off with the remaining groups continuing to compete for a $100,000 prize, recording contract, and something else I can't remember right now.  The musicality in this show is OFF THE CHARTS!  The Sing Off  is my new favorite TV show.  Considering how much I enjoy some of my other shows, that is saying something.  Also, I realize that there are many,  many varying opinions on television out there.  For those who are of the "It's evil.  Don't watch it." camp, please don't send me any negative emails or attack comments.  Those who do enjoy TV, I hope you like the show too.  It would be really fun to have more like this aired. 

Well, I guess I only have one really fun thing to tell you.  I forgot the other.  Need to drink more water.  It's supposed to help with that forgetting thing.  Until our next visit, keep on having a Merry Christmas season!

Popular Posts