Better Late Than Never

"

When reading through my emails this morning I came across something that touched my heart like nothing has for a while, One Thousand Gifts. It isn't Monday, but after reading the post from http://www.aholyexperience.com/ I had to begin my thousand gift list. The gifts simply won't wait to be listed. No. 1-20

* children's laughter
* beautiful piano music providing the perfect backdrop
* the jingle of Christmas bells on the door
* the crispness of white paper
* the songs of a four-year-old
* a little brother's concern for his "big" sister
* the rattle of teaspoons in the kitchen
* food in the pantry
* Christmas gifts that are almost complete
* Secret blessings for others
* whispers between sisters in the dark
* children playing and working together
* hazel-green eyes shining up at me
* requests for "another book?"
* sunshine shining on the frost
* a warm fire in the stove
* a child's desire to give to others
* warm embraces of love
* the symphony of nature outside my door
* the nudge of my dog's wet nose looking for attention

Thankfulness is contagious. I want to catch it still more. How about you? Willing to join me in counting one thousand gifts? Let's not stop at merely one thousand. Let's continue counting on and on and on.

Popular Posts