One Thousand Gifts...We're On Our Way

It's Monday already.  Can you believe it's here again, so soon?  Me either.  As I am learning to live in the wondrous moment of now I find that blog posts are getting farther apart with few in between.  If it were for any other reason I would be tempted to apologize.  As it is...well, I won't.  Why?  Because I'm not sorry.  Yes, I miss the time spent with dear ones and friends online, but I don't regret learning to live life fully right now, every day.  The posts will come.  Visits at A Mother's Rewards will be sweeter because they will have come when God the Holy Spirit whispers in my ear and says "Now.Go visit at the blog.Now."  and we all know how much better it is when it comes to us straight from the throne of grace.

After reading One Thousand Gifts and really digging through the scripture this past Saturday afternoon, a few minor changes are being made here at the blog.  Because these adjustments are so tiny, they might go unnoticed.  If the changes are noticed, don't be concerned.  All is well.  Blessed Mama justs keeps making little tweaks here and there.   If you haven't visited A Holy Experience and found out about Ann Voskamp's new book One Thousand Gifts, please don't hesitate a moment longer.   http://www.aholyexperience.com/.   Even if you don't purchase the book, you will be changed by the visit. 

Gifts I'm grateful for #52-78
  1. salty popcorn that crunches
  2. the warmth of a tea mug seeping into my fingers
  3. four-year-old chatter
  4. sweetness of an eleven-year-old's smile
  5. young men's strength
  6. 14-year-old practicality
  7. floors needing swept
  8. wind that pumps the water
  9. snow that covers the dirt
  10. larks outside my window
  11. cats curled up on the woodpile
  12. old dog soaking up the fire's warmth
  13. two-year-old going potty like a "big boy"
  14. gummy worms for "big boy" treats
  15. canned meat
  16. warm socks
  17. surprise birthday visits for Not of This World
  18. grandparents' love
  19. dictionaries and concordances to study the Word
  20. voices of loved ones on the telephone
  21. internet resources--for free
  22. wisdom from those who've traveled this road before
  23. a house full of noise
  24. ears to hear my children's voices
  25. the still small voice of God whispering His love to me anew
  26. a new routine for little ones with earlier bedtimes
  27. the blessed quietness at end of day

Popular Posts