Transition...more of the new

A new year, new plans, new trains of thought,  new ways seem to be flooding over me everywhere I turn.  Some of the new ways are simple, little changes that require virtually no effort from me.  As a matter of fact, if you asked me to tell you what they are, I probably couldn't even remember; they are that minor.  However...I am enjoying the results of these minute changes immensely. 
Other new ways require a tad more thought.  For instance, choosing to get up a half hour earlier takes a decision of my will.  Yet having the extra time to get myself collected before facing anyone each day is well worth the sacrifice of sleep.  
Changes involving issues of personal discipline...ooh, those are painful.  Yes, lesson plans for next year need to be roughly scheduled so that resources can be located.  I know that I'm going to have a new kindergartener next semester and that I will need every spare moment I can find to give to her as she enters the world of reading.  All of the correct answers are already in my head.  It's just that there is the whiny voice of a self-centered and impatient child in my heart calmy, yet stubbornly stating "I don't want to."  "I know exactly what I'm supposed to do, but I DON'T WANT TO DO IT."  Oh my, the transition that takes me from my will to God's perfect will in this matter is proving to be less than beautiful.  
Hmmmm.........there is a booklet saved to my computer.  It is waiting to be printed out.  I believe it is a scripture memory booklet, one for the book of Colossians.  Where is it?  Oh!  There it is!  Yes, that's the change I forgot to begin.  That's the one that prepares me for the "ooooh, it hurts.  I don't want to!"  moments.  Isn't it amazing how The Father gently reminds me that He's already provided the answer and is waiting for me to receive it? 
"Such love.  Such wondrous.  That God should love a sinner such as I, how wonderful is love like this!"  (line from a hymn)
The weekend is here.  Many blessings to you and yours as you face all of the "new" that 2011 brings.  Please excuse me.  I have a booklet to print out.                                                                                                                        
--

Popular Posts