Here We Are

Here we are beginning our second week of summer break.  Can you feel the lack of tension all the way to your house?  Wouldn't surprise me.  What is it about summer that I love?  Hmmm, let me think, everything.  Yup, that pretty much sums it up; summer is my favorite time of every year.  If I put bumper stickers on  my vehicles, I could have one that says "I heart summer".   Usually, I go with the flow, roll with the punches, and let happen what happens concerning summer days.  This year is different.  This year I'm being intentional. 

I am intentionally enjoying every second of hanging out clothes.  Stopping to breathe deeply and drink in the scent of new mown grass is taking place on purpose.  Listening to children squeal with delight as they play, that too is happening on purpose, intentional. 

Reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, a Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are has played a part in my decision to live intentionally, but God has woven several things into my life lately to get me to this exact point.  Not wanting anyone to miss out on the unlimited blessings of being intentional, there is a question I'd like to ask.  Before we go any further, please promise that you will really, truly read this question, not quickly skim over it and click delete. 

OK, here's the question:  if you knew that everything you needed to live the life you have been created for to the fullest was already yours, how would you live?  Like you do now?  What would be different?  What would stay the same?  Guess I had more than one question.  Anyway, think about it.  For reals.  Guess what?  It has.  Everything has been provided through and by Jesus.  I have known this truth for years, but for some reason, it took awhile for me to know it.  Everything.  It's in me.  Everything to live to the fullest.  The fullest is full.  It isn't some religious concept, it's reality.  God is good, and He delights in blessing me--and all of His children.

2 Peter 1:3 NKJV - "as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,"

Colossians 2:2-9 NKJV - "that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words.  For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.  As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.  Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power."

Living intentionally, intentional living, my favorite time of year is getting even better.

Popular Posts